My friend, who shall remain nameless, although let's face it, I only have one, so I'm sure you know who it is, peer-pressured me into making and eating a spaghetti squash. I had bought this squash upstate several weeks ago and ever since have been warily glancing at it on my kitchen counter. Should I cook it? Should I not cook it? Should I drive it out to the middle of nowhere and leave it for dead?
Still undecided, my pushy friend told me to do it. So I did it. Long story short - it tasted not bad, but definitely not good. Maybe like a disappointing, slightly vegetable-y tasting, spaghetti that somewhat triggered my gag reflex.
So, I threw it in the backyard for my woodland friends to eat. I like to feed them.
Several minutes later a cat approached the squash, sniffed it, and walked away. So if a cat won't eat it ...
Told ya it was a boring story.

At first glance I thought that was a leaf bag. Then an old tire. then a cat. then a raccoon.
ReplyDelete